VIT is new metric developed by Traackr, which aggregates multiple data points across channels to provide a single metric to analyze influencer performance. It is available across all posts that are part of the Influencer Market Benchmark.
A score is applied to a brand mentioned in an influencer's post, and the scoring criteria combines three elements:
- Visibility: a measure of the effective reach of a post
- Impact: a measure of the interest generated by a piece of content (by engagements)
- Trust: a score of the brand association of the post - currently based on how many other brands are also mentioned in the same post
The VIT score is calculated at the post level for a brand, and then aggregated across a set of posts, so you could look at total VIT of a brand for example.
You can use VIT to:
- Rank brands / compare performance between brands
- Compare a brand’s performance over time
- Assess the performance of a given influencer for a given brand
- Use in marketing mix modelling
For more in-depth information about VIT, feel free to ask your Customer Success Manager about our white paper.
In addition to VIT, the Influencer Market Benchmark also tracks several other key metrics - the definitions of these are here:
- Activated Influencers: Number of influencers that mentioned each keyword
- Posts: Number of keyword mentions from influencers
- Engagements: Number of total engagements for each keyword
- Video Views: Number of video views for each keyword
- Potential Reach: A total number aggregating the number of followers each influencer has on the platform they posted about a brand on. (Eg an influencer with 10,000 followers on Twitter will have a Potential Reach of 10,000. The total potential reach aggregates all of these).
- Engagement Rate: The Engagement Rate of a post is calculated based on its total engagements divided by its potential reach, and expressed as a percentage. This is the average rate of all the posts for the keyword.